#OnePlusOne #AndroidNougat –How To Install Pure Nexus Project Android Nougat Custom ROM : The original ‘flagship killer’, OnePlus One is unlikely to get the latest Android Nougat update anytime soon. However, the OnePlus One users can still get their hands on the latest Nougat features via custom ROMs.
While there are many to choose from, the Pure Nexus Project firmware is the most trustworthy. Here’s How To Install Pure Nexus Project Android Nougat Custom ROM On OnePlus One:
The Pure Nexus Project is part of the XDA Developer Forum. It offers latest features with a clean interface and no junk-wares along with some performance enhancing tweaks. However, the experimental ROM might contain certain bugs, so proceed at your own risk.
Things To Remember Before Installation:
1. The new Pure Nexus Project Android Nougat Custom ROM can only be installed on OnePlus One aka Bacon models. Check your device model by going to Settings >> About phone >> Model Number.
2. Make sure your device is rooted (Bootloader unlocked).
3. Installing the custom ROM makes the company warranty void and it will no longer be eligible for future updates in future. However, you can restore the warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM.
4. The installation process requires clearing of memory. Remember to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/TWRP.
5. You need to install USB drivers on the PC, or your smartphone will not be recognized.
6. Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery for an uninterrupted installation.
Installation Process of Pure Nexus Project Android Nougat Custom ROM On OnePlus One via TWRP recovery method:
1. Download Pure Nexus Project Android Nougat Custom ROM and Google Apps on your PC.
2. Connect OnePlus One to your PC via USB cord. Paste Android 7.0 Nougat ROM zip file and the Google Apps .zip file into the phone’s storage memory [only in the storage root folder].
3. Turn off your smartphone and disconnect from the PC. Now, perform the regular Recovery Mode by press holding ‘Volume (Down)’ and ‘Power’ buttons.
4. After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by selecting ‘wipe data/factory reset’. Use ‘Volume’ keys to navigate and ‘Power’ button to select options.
5. Clear the cache memory by selecting ‘wipe cache partition‘.
6. Go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select ‘advanced‘ and then ‘wipe dalvik cache‘ [The optional step is recommend to avoid boot loops or any other errors during installation].
7. Return to the main recovery screen and select ‘install zip from SD card’.
8. Now, tap on ‘choose zip from SD card’ and go to Android M ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process.
9. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps.
10. Once the installation process is finished, navigate to ‘+++++Go Back+++++‘ restart the device by choosing ‘reboot system now’ in the recovery menu.
11. Your smartphone will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
12. Go to ‘Settings’ >> ‘About phone‘ to confirm the installation.
[Sources: Pure Nexus Project- kwoktopus BeansTown106, freshgiammi and katinatez]
Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of irreversible damage to your smartphone. Source: mobipicker